BILL AND KYM PEAVOY'S

FOR THE STRENGTH OF OUR YOUTH

Check out our Family Blog

Hi everyone!!! Welcome to our "For The Strength of Our Youth" blog! Scroll down for some inspiration from youth for youth. We have a family blog at www.peavoyfamily.blogspot.com.
See you over there!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Youth Speak Out on Moral Issues

Kyle T – Age 17 – On Honesty

I used to have a major problem with honesty. I lied to everyone about everything. A while ago I hit the lowest place I have ever been, all because of a huge lie. With help from my friends and family I was able to bring myself up, and start enjoying life. I now know that if you are honest with everyone, your life will be better.

Rachel M. – Age 16 – On Accountability

I think youth need to be accountable for our actions because it helps us to learn from our mistakes and grow as a person. If we lived in a world without accountability we wouldn’t have any responsibilities and everything would just be chaotic.

.

.

Logan C. – Age 16 – On Individual Worth

A good sense of individual worth is very important because it shows that you have respect and a personal duty to go forth and accomplish the goals that you have set for yourself. It shows self confidence and also a want for self growth. Knowing ones individual worth is a key trait of the good and successful people of our time.

.

Terah L. – Age 16 – On Chastity

Chastity is a measure of how you feel about yourself. If you have confidence in yourself and feel you are of worth, you might not feel the need to break the law of chastity. Keep yourself pure so that every day you can look in the mirror and smile at the person you have become.

.

.

Colton G. – Age 15 – On Family Charity

When a conflict is occurring in a family, you should do everything in your power to fix it up as soon as possible. When you help family members or aid them in their life, you are being charitable.

.

.


Lindsey C. – Age 16 – On Leadership

Leadership is the ability to say the things that must be said to guide others and bring them up. Leadership is important to have because it helps keep us organized and focused.

.



John S. – Age 14 – On Overcoming Depression

Look at the brighter side of life. Listen to up beat and uplifting music. Write letters. Laugh. Spend time with your family. Give a compliment. Little things like that.

.



Esther B. – Age 16 – On Being the “Real You”

When I moved to my new school, I told myself I would do anything to be popular. When I met the popular kids, they all wore black and used foul language. Once I wore my favorite pink top to school and they told me never to wear it again. As soon as I got home, I hid it deep in my closet and soon I became just like them. Eventually I asked myself, “What am I doing?” After I decided to go back to my own style, my friends didn’t talk to me anymore. Today I have friends who love me for who I am, not how much I am like them.

Cody M. – Age 17 – On Music

The music we listen to sets the mood of the day. If we listen to angry music then we will have a not so good day. If we listen to positive, up beat music then our thoughts are more concentrated on what we ultimately want in our life.


.

Megan E. – Age 17 – On Life

My mission in life, I believe, is to make others happy. To be kind to everyone I meet.

.

.

.


Dustin W. – Age 15 – On Love

There is no love greater than the love inside a family. Love is the most honorable thing between people on this God-made earth.

.

.



Ashley M. – Age 15 – On Modesty

Modesty (or the lack thereof) doesn’t just affect you, but others around you, especially the young men. They need us women to watch how we dress so they won’t be tempted in any way. We can either motivate them or keep them from becoming the men we all want them to be. You need to be happy with who you are no matter what you wear.

Anonymous – On Substance Abuse

Drugs and alcohol were a big part of my life at one time. I wanted to stop I just wasn’t sure how. I was so afraid of what my friends would think. Then I moved to a small town, new state, where nobody knew anything about me. I got that chance. I made a choice and now I’m happy. I don’t do any sort of drugs and now I know how amazing life is sober.

Gary G. – Age 16 – On Anxiety

Anxiety can hit at anytime. One way I overcome its affects is to pour myself into a hobby. Hobbies can be an outlet to help you vent your feelings.

.

.



Caitlin T. – Age 16 – On Communication

To overcome problems that exist in my family I had to make a conscious decision to not only do my part, but to go above and beyond and help others in my family too. In addition, I began to really think about the things that I wanted to say before I said them.

.



Kory D. – Age 16 – On Education

Education is the foundation of our society today. Education is hard work and you have to really want it.

.

.



Aubrey J. – Age 17 – On Developing Talents

Developing talents can make us better people. The natural instinct of man is to progress in life and grow. By developing talents we can do just that.

.



Steven R. – Age 14 – On Family

To me, family is one of the most important things in the world. They are supportive and uplifting. They stand beside you when no one else will. They also encourage and love you in your best and hardest times. However, to gain this love, you must show it first.



Aubry T. – Age 16 – On Honesty

I remember when I was younger I would tell a little white lie. As I got older I would progress to getting worse and worse. I knew I shouldn’t be lying, but I never thought why. Eventually I learned the consequences of lying and how it just makes me not trustworthy. So I worked on it and got way better. I continue to work on it and am doing better every day.



Ben R. – Age 16 – On Friendship

Love is the most important thing we need to show daily. It brings us all closer to one another while also getting us closer to God. You can show love simply by talking to the kid who sits alone at lunch or is new. Invite others to join your friends in activities. Don’t be afraid to stand for others and be their friend. We are all on this earth together. Let’s work as a whole and be happy.



Trevor C. – Age 16 – On Patriotism

Without love and support for our country, we could lose our freedoms. I can be better at this by being thankful for my freedoms and abiding by the laws. God has blessed us with this land of freedom and liberty, so the least we can do is love our country.

.

.

Toria D. – Age 16 – On Cheating

I never really thought about what I was doing when I asked someone if I could copy their answers. One day, I realized it was the same thing as lying and in the end it was only hurting, not helping me. Everyone was doing it, so it wasn’t a big deal, but it was a big deal. I promised myself I would never cheat again and my grades actually improved. I also knew that the grades I got were honest.

Toria – On Hope

It is so important to have hope. We need to hope that in the end, everything will be alright. If we don’t have hope, how can we be happy?

Toria – On Service

I find when I am worrying about or only thinking about myself, that if I serve someone else, I forget all of my problems. Service lets others know you care. If you have any opportunities to serve, you should take them. I know that when I’m serving others, I feel love.

Toria – On Peer Pressure

Peer pressure is one of the hardest things youth today have to deal with. We all want to fit in, but if fitting in means going to parties with alcohol, dressing immodestly, and not acting virtuously, why would you want to fit in? If you surround yourself with good friends who do what is right, they’ll pressure you to choose the right, which is never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment